I can’t believe the time has come again to do the end of month post. Where has October gone? I’m heading down to New York State tomorrow for work, so sadly Halloween has been cancelled for me. Such is life. So although I was planning on adding some great Halloween make-up tips, this will be my final October post.
So what have I been loving this month? This month it was difficult to get it down to only 5, and I may have cheated a little. But take a look. This is what I have loved this October:
1. Yankee Candle Spiced Pumpkin – this candle has been in my possession for quite a few years now (several of them, since they run out quickly). October is my favourite time of year and I don’t think I love anything more than pumpkin. This candle is utter perfection. But sadly as the month comes to a close I’ll pack it away again until next year. Because of course we can’t have pumpkin every day of the year.
2. The Body Shop’s Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream – As I mentioned a few posts ago when I reviewed the Body Shop’s Seaweed line (see review here), the Day Cream is amazing! It seems that with the colder weather coming my skin is getting more and more dry. But using this in the morning is quite moisturizing and is the perfect matte effect under my makeup. It seems that matte is all in this season – eyes, lips, face, nails, etc.
3. Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot – Perfection, thats what this is. Although the Seaweed Day Cream is great at mattifying my make-up, and I don’t need to do so with powder on top, I find that this powder perfectly finishes off my make-up. But this powder is also the perfect mattifyer. I recently used a little brush of it across my lips to mattify a highly glossy L’Oreal lipstick and it was perfect!!! Like a brand new lipstick. And it stayed all night after eating and drinking without a single re-application.
4. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum + No7 Beautifully Matte Makeup Base – see I told you I was cheating. This is a two-in-one. But only because these two would not have made the October favourites list without each other. They perfectly compliment each other and leave a completely flawless finish on my face. I absolutely love them together.
5. Vaseline Deep Conditioning Cocoa Butter – As the cold weather gets colder, my dry skin gets drier. So I’ve been pretty good about using body lotion and butters every day. I found this old-ish bottle of Vaseline and decided to use it all up before my big move, trying to get rid of the things I have. I’ve been loving it though. I’m not fond of cocoa or vanilla scents, but this is very subtle. I love the feel of the lotions formula as well. It doesn’t leave my skin feeling greasy, but well hydrated. I might have to repurchase in the future when this bottle is all used up.
So there you have it. What have you been loving this month?