As I pack up the inconceivable amount of possessions I own in preparation for yet another move, I’m purging myself of my empties/almost empties. I always find a little corner or crevice to stick the empty bottles to gather dust until I’m ready to take the time to sort through them and decide “repurchase? yay or nay?”. So here are a few empty items. Some you may have heard me talk about before, some maybe not. But here’s where I tell you whether it’s a MUST BUY or a waste of time…I digress.
1. The Body Shop’s Olive Shower Gel Hells YES this will be repurchased. I’ve got this one in all sizes, for travel, my parents house, and home. I can’t get enough. I always assumed I’d come out of the shower smelling like an olive but I smell clean and fresh and it’s so relaxing. I even toss some of this in a bath sometimes. You’ve gotta try it.
2. Philosophy Field of Flowers Shampoo, Shower Gel and Bubble Bath. This one was a happy spur of the moment purchase. I’ll admit that $40+ for a bottle of bubble bath is a little steep. But I’m certainly glad I went for it and gave it a try. Such a relaxing and fresh floral scent. Great for the spring-time. Not sure if I’ll be quick to repurchase this one, but I’d love to spoil myself with some more Philosophy bath products in the future.
3. Herbal Essences Naked Moisture Shampoo I talked about this one a few times. I couldn’t have been more pleased with the scent of a shampoo (we’re on a trend here….I think I like smelly things). The shampoo was really nourishing and gave my hair a lot of moisture, which is something my hair constantly needs. And it’s silicone and paraben free! Thats another check on my list. I flip flop between this and the Herbal Essences Hello Hyrdration, but I’ll be returning to this once my next bottle is up.
4. I.C.O.N India Conditioner I won’t bore you with another review of this one as you can read it here. But it was travel friendly so I used it up while on the road. Will not be repurchasing this.
5. John Frieda Frizz Ease Dream Curls Conditioner Another bottle down, many more to come. One of my favourite conditioners.
6. Olay Foaming Face Wash I made a mistake, thinking this was the Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser when I picked it up in a rush. I didn’t hate it though. It’s oil and fragrance free and is great for sensitive skin, but I prefer the Neutrogena. Won’t repurchase
7. St. Ives Green Tea Scrub I like washing my face every morning with something that is a very gentle exfoliator. Gentle enough to use daily. I liked this scrub but was too harsh for every day. I probably won’t repurchase.
8. The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream I was using this as a day-cream and returned to the body shop to replace it but was talked into another moisturizing cream from the Vitamin E line. So I’ll be repurchasing from the line, but probably not this one.
9. Three different mascaras!! Phew. I think I purchased quite a few around the same time and used them all up at the same time too. Some where just too old, so time to throw out. They were: Revlon Lash Potion liked but didn’t love, Covergirl Lashblast Clump Crusher I’ve already used a few but have moved on, and L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Excess which has become one of my favourite mascaras. L’Oreal is the drugstore brand to go to for mascara, thats for sure.
10. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum I’m in love with foundation. I didn’t think I was but I’ve been out of this for a few months now and am itchy to repurchase. Will do so asap.
So there you have it. Time to throw the bottles in the trash and start a new empties stock-pile in the new house. What have you used up lately?