Hola from the sunny beaches of Cancun! In my memory I cannot remember a winter that has been as cold as the last two in Toronto. So cold that just a trip to the end of the driveway to grab the newspaper is enough to make your face hurt and require a good half hour thaw time. So my mom, sister and I decided it was time to ignore Canada for a week and mentally and physically thaw out. 6 days on the beaches of Cancun! I haven’t been to an all inclusive resort since I was really young, so the constant alcohol consumption sure is a bonus on this “forget everything and relax” vacation. And I’m not really used to being on a beach often. So I’ve compiled a little beach bag that’s been helping me along the way. In my beach bag I have:
1. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen SPF 60 – I’m pretty shiny white. I need all the help I can get. Too many bad burns in the past. This has helped for a nice tanned glow
2. Coppertone Oil Free Face Sunscreen Lotion – although my face isn’t too sensitive, I like the idea of using sunscreen formula specifically designed for your face. This one is SPF 60 as well.
3. Nivea Sun Lip Balm – SPF 35 have you ever burnt your lips? Holy moly does it hurt.
4. Kobo – I’ve been here three days and already on my second book. Finished the Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion and started the Clifton Chronicles by Jeffery Archer.
5. Beach Cover-Up – I’ve mentioned the bad burns in the past right? Always need something to cover yourself up with. I picked up a new PINK bathing suit and cover up just for this trip!
And that’s about it. Don’t lug around too much all day. With just a little Smashbox BB Cream with SPF 35 in the morning I’m good to go! Just sit on the beach and drink copious amounts of Mojitos and Mimosas! What do you guys like to pack in a beach bag?