Another slow month come and gone. Trying to keep myself busy with endless job applications, knitting projects, and oh yeah I’ve started cross stitch. Oh boy, do I need to get on with my life. So what has this ‘ol grandma been loving this month?
1. Rimmel Lasting Finish Skin Perfecting Primer – I picked this one up on a whim at the beginning of the month. I do love sales! And I would have to say that it’s been quite some time since I’ve been so impressed with a primer. Most primers I use have a thick, silicon-y feel to them, or leave my face feeling greasy. But this one is a thin moisturizing cream that blends in smooth, feels great on my skin, and allows my foundation to stay for up to 8 hours! I real win with this one.
2. Nails Inc. Vitmin E Oil Pen – My sister bought this for herself and didn’t see the use in it. With my ravaged nails still working their way towards normal I thought I’d give it a go. It’s super simple for on-the-go and travelling and is great for moisturizing and nourishing dry and damaged cuticles. It comes in a simple twist-up pen form and you just brush it on and massage it in.
3. Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner – I’m not really one for lip-liners unless it’s a universal one. I’m never good at the whole colour matching thing, although I do see the benefits. I loved the colour of this lip liner while browsing a CVS across the border a few months ago and I picked it up, not really knowing how I was going to use it. I’ve started wearing it as all over colour by itself and I absolutely love it! It may feel very drying on the lips, but lip liners offer full coverage matte lips and are so easy as all over colour.
4. Tweezerman Special Edition Floral Sorbet Mini Slant Tweezers – It was time for a new pair of tweezers. Mine seemed a little dull, but it wasn’t until I picked up a new pair that i realized just how dull. These mini tweezers are not only adorable, but are sharp and precise. Tweezerman really is the best of the tweezers.
5. Essie Blanc – with the sun shining and the snow melting, the fashions and colours are turning to the soft pastels, including on the nails. While I’ve been enjoying my light lilacs and nude beige nails lately, I have also been loving pure white nails. Brings back fond memories of painting my nails with liquid paper in elementary school – yet this time not so thick and chunky. Just clean, bright, white nails.
So there you have it. What have you been loving lately?