It’s that time of year again! The new season is in full swing and I’ve come to the crashing realization that it’s way past time to add to my wardrobe options for this season! So I take to the internet and get started. Scrolling, screen shot-ing, and creating a wish list for myself that I share with all of you for comments, suggestions, and confirmation that I’m actually as stylish as I seem to think. Seeing as I’ve been working so hard with my personal trainer (she doesn’t know about the beer I’m currently drinking), I feel confident I can pull off a few more of these styles this summer! Time to be adventurous!
- ASOS Longline Wrap Front Bandeau Top $78.18
- ASOS Curve Shift Dress in Cage Mesh $82.30
- OldNavy Chiffon Maxi Dress $17.50 in Black Jas
- OldNavy Mid-Rise Pixie Pants $25.50 (ALL COLOURS – perfect pants)
- BodyGlove Bralette Bikini Top $49.99
- Victoria’s Secret NEW Knockout Front Close Sport’s Bra $35.00
- Urban Outfitter’s Out From Under Myra Midi Beach Cover-Up $72.00
- Call It Spring Brasi Natural 3 Part Flat Sandal $44.99
See anything you like?
This past weekend I went out with some friends to see the new chick flick “How to Be Single”. Right on time for Valentine’s Day and tempting us with the ever funny Rebel Wilson, I decided to give it a go although it’s pretty much the opposite of my type of film. But aside from not being as stupid as I was expecting, I fell in love with Dakota Johnson’s character; the quirky attitude, the lost sense of self that is so easily relatable, and the laid-back yet hip sense of style! So I started thinking, how can I get that kinda look (and at a reasonable price)? Well, let’s see… (more…)
It’s time for some wardrobe inspiration. I often get myself in a re-wear and over-wear rut, but standing in the centre of Yonge and Dundas on a daily basis has given me the swift kick in the bum I need to bring my daily wardrobe to par. I’ve picked up a few great pieces in the last week or so, especially from H&M, but it’s time to delve into the online world to inspire the remainder of my summer look – The great thing is that my casual daily fashion is great for my workplace too, no need for two completely separate wardrobes.
Here are a few things I’ve found that I’d like to use as inspiration for the upcoming summer months:
1. Topshop Fringe Tunic
2. Topshop KARMA Metal Buckle Loafers $99.05
3. ALDO Kiawiel $80.00
4. H&M Harem Pants $19.95
5. H&M Maxi Dress $29.99
6. ASOS Selected Romana Wrap Front Dress $126.94
7. ALDO Kaoven Wedged Sandals $70.00
8. ASOS Maxi Kimono with Side Split $76.17
9. Topshop Cord and Metal Bar Multi-Row Necklace $26.67
10. ASOS Weekday Clean Edge High Neck Sleeveless Top $57.12
Hopefully after a few weeks of saving those dolla dolla bills I can venture forth and splurge on the summer wardrobe! For now I’ve got a great foundation and am so so so happy that I get to be creative and experiment with fashion everyday! No more uniform for me (hopefully forever!!)
What fashion trends are you loving this season?