It’s that time of year again! The new season is in full swing and I’ve come to the crashing realization that it’s way past time to add to my wardrobe options for this season! So I take to the internet and get started. Scrolling, screen shot-ing, and creating a wish list for myself that I share with all of you for comments, suggestions, and confirmation that I’m actually as stylish as I seem to think. Seeing as I’ve been working so hard with my personal trainer (she doesn’t know about the beer I’m currently drinking), I feel confident I can pull off a few more of these styles this summer! Time to be adventurous!
- ASOS Longline Wrap Front Bandeau Top $78.18
- ASOS Curve Shift Dress in Cage Mesh $82.30
- OldNavy Chiffon Maxi Dress $17.50 in Black Jas
- OldNavy Mid-Rise Pixie Pants $25.50 (ALL COLOURS – perfect pants)
- BodyGlove Bralette Bikini Top $49.99
- Victoria’s Secret NEW Knockout Front Close Sport’s Bra $35.00
- Urban Outfitter’s Out From Under Myra Midi Beach Cover-Up $72.00
- Call It Spring Brasi Natural 3 Part Flat Sandal $44.99
See anything you like?
This past weekend I went out with some friends to see the new chick flick “How to Be Single”. Right on time for Valentine’s Day and tempting us with the ever funny Rebel Wilson, I decided to give it a go although it’s pretty much the opposite of my type of film. But aside from not being as stupid as I was expecting, I fell in love with Dakota Johnson’s character; the quirky attitude, the lost sense of self that is so easily relatable, and the laid-back yet hip sense of style! So I started thinking, how can I get that kinda look (and at a reasonable price)? Well, let’s see… (more…)
‘Back to School’ for some means moving on to something new, big and exciting – such as heading off to college or university and moving into a dorm. Although that time for me was about 5 years ago, I still love checking out friends dorm room pics and shopping for those little things that help make such a small space pleasant and home-y. Since some of you may be in this “what do I do with this room” state right now, I thought it would be helpful to give you a few little hints and tips as to making a tiny dorm room comfortable.
1. Find a relaxing and comforting scent: To me this one makes the biggest difference. Don’t cheap out on the candles or air fresheners. Find yourself a luxurious, comforting scent that reminds you of home or makes you feel relaxed. My suggestions would be Jo Malone or Diptyque candles. Although those can be a little pricey. So in that case, look no further than the Anthropologie candles. They’re definitely overpowering when you’re shopping there, but one little candle at home is heaven.
2. The Pretty Pictures: Brought along some pictures of home? Take the time to put them in frames – it makes the world of difference. Scared of nailing holes in the wall? Use Command brand picture hooks! They don’t make any marks. If you didn’t bring any along then pick up a few posters, or more luxurious, do some browsing at Urban Outfitters.com for wall hangings and tapestries. If I could do it all again today this would be the first place I’d shop.
3. Take advantage of ‘made for dorm’ items: Target is a great place to shop for back to school, including for dorm shopping. These dorms are tiny, and often you’re sharing with someone else. So take advantage of the ‘made for dorm’ items that will help you stay organized and clean. Such as extra shelving that can hang in your closet, or shoe racks that can hang on the back of doors. Under the bed storage is a big plus as well – take advantage of it all!! It’ll make a huge difference.
4. Green: Get a small plant – place it near the window – keep it alive.
There you have it! Was that helpful? The smallest touches can change the space completely and change it from your ‘small little dungeon’ to your ‘small oasis’. Now if I could give some helpful advice based on my own experience…please don’t stay in your room. Go out there, get involved, meet people. MEET PEOPLE. That was one of my biggest first year uni regrets – its better to have 4 years of friendships than realize these people are awesome friends in your 3rd or 4th year.